Massage Therapy at Home
Before a massage therapy session starts, your massage therapist will ask you about any symptoms, your medical history and what you’re hoping to get out of massage. Your massage therapist will explain the kind of massage and techniques he or she will use.
In a typical massage therapy session, you undress or wear loosefitting clothing. Undress only to the point that you’re comfortable. You generally lie on a table and cover yourself with a sheet. You can also have a massage while sitting in a chair, fully clothed. Your massage therapist will perform an evaluation through touch to locate painful or tense areas and to determine how much pressure to apply.
If you want, your massage therapist may use oil or lotion to reduce friction on your skin. Tell your massage therapist if you might be allergic to any ingredients.
A massage session may last from 15 to 90 minutes, depending on the type of massage and how much time you have. No matter what kind of massage you choose, you should feel calm and relaxed during and after your massage. Pain that’s more significant than momentary discomfort could indicate that something’s wrong. If a massage therapist is pushing too hard, ask for lighter pressure. Occasionally you may have a sensitive spot in a muscle that feels like a knot. It’s likely to be uncomfortable while your massage therapist works it out. But if it becomes painful, speak up.
Benefits of Having Your Massage at Home
- You can choose your favourite massage environment – try a massage wrapped in the warmth of your fireplace or outside in the sunshine and imagine yourself on a tropical vacation.
- There is no rush – after your massage you a free to take a nap or a shower and enjoy the sensation of post massage relaxation for as long as you’d like.
- You don’t have to get dressed up to have a massage at home – stay in your comfortable clothes and we will be there soon to give you a great massage.
- Save time and money – with our busy lives and high gas price spend your time and money on something more enjoyable than driving to your massage appointment, let Physio In Motion come to you.
- Monthly billing – don’t worry about getting cash or looking for your cheque book; Physio In Motion will send you a monthly invoice. You can even pay by credit card and collect reward miles. In some cases we can invoice your insurer directly. At the very least if you provide us with a completed and signed claim form we will also submit the claim to your extended health insurer on your behalf.
Massage Therapy at Work
Join the growing number of Physio In Motion clients receiving their massage therapy at the office. Corporate massage therapy is rapidly gaining popularity because everyone benefits.
Employers Benefit – The employer benefits by having healthier employees. Employees spend more than half of their waking hours at work and a small increase in moral, health or productivity can have a significant positive impact on company performance. The body of research confirming the benefits is considerable. A company that invests in the health and wellness of their employees can expect to see a positive return on their investment.
Employees Benefit – Employees often find it difficult to make time to schedule a massage. By arranging massage therapy in the office employees eliminate the challenges of scheduling and can easily access all the benefits of a massage with a registered massage therapist.
How Do I Get Massage at Work?
Be an office hero and start a regular corporate massage program at your workplace. There are only three requirements to get started:
- A reasonably quiet and private room or area for the massage therapist to work.
- The approval of your employer, manager, supervisor, etc.
- A commitment of at least 2 hours of continuous service on every scheduled massage day.
If you have these three basic requirements contact Physio In Motion and we will work with you to create a program that meets your needs. Choose from a one-time to monthly or quarterly schedule visits for your office and from ten minute to sixty minute treatments. Seated chair massage is the most popular; however, traditional table massage is also available. We will work with you to create a program that fits well with your company’s unique needs and allows employees to get the best value from their employee health plan massage therapy coverage.
The Benefits of Massage
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.