Physiotherapy and the Management of Osteoporosis
Physiotherapists with extra training in the management of Osteoporosis are an important addition to your disease management team. With an evidence-based program directed by a registered physiotherapist you can expect detailed information and guidance about the PREVENTION and MANAGEMENT of Osteoporosis and Osteopenia.
Osteoporosis Canada’s “Too Fit to Fall or Fracture” Exercise Guidelines recommend consultation with a trained physiotherapist.
Physio In Motion is pleased to offer Osteo-Circuit, a one-on-one and in-home, six week (2x/week) program with physiotherapist Regan Franklin. When you participate in this program you will receive:
- A detailed clinical assessment and consultation with Regan in the comfort and convenience of your own home
- An individualized exercise program that is safe for those with Osteoporosis or Osteopenia
- Educational material regarding suggestions for safe body movement, proper posture and avoidance of fractures and falls
- Instructional sheets for exercises and personal logs
- Doctor’s report for your family physician and / or specialists
- A detailed reassessment and suggestions on next steps
To schedule an in-home consultation with Regan Franklin please call Physio In Motion at (905) 667-3979. If you have extended health benefits for physiotherapy or coverage with Veteran’s Affairs this can be used to cover or offset the cost of the Osteo-Circuit program. Unfortunately there is no OHIP funding for physiotherapy with Physio In Motion.